So you already know that I was an overzealous abstinence practitioner, now to share a few more details about myself. You know, the real ‘important’ stuff concerning hobbies, likes/dislikes ….
1. My two favorite instruments are the banjo and the harpsichord. I don’t think they can be combined but I’d like to see it tried.
2. I love reading. My favorite books are A Tree Grows in Brooklyn by Betty Smith, To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee and Who Has Seen the Wind by W.O. Mitchell. I read a lot of non fiction as well (mostly histories and theology).
3. I hate cotton balls. I refuse to touch them. If I come in contact with a cotton ball, I suffer immediate painful flashbacks to childhood art projects gone awry. Digits growing white fluff, fingers trapped in a cobweb of cotton and glue – creating a paper plate cloud or sheep has too high a human cost.
4. My dancing prospects trailed off after I was done doing the “Holy Ghost Hop”with Carmen in the early 90’s.
5. Film is my favorite art form. I love well crafted films. I love foreign films. I especially enjoy Italian cinema from the 1950s-1960s. I highly recommend viewing Fellini’s La Dolce Vita (denouncement of materialism), Monicelli’s Big Deal on Madonna Street (humorous caper film), and Olmi’s Il Posto (commentary on job security and loss of identity in Economic Miracle era Italy).
6. I don’t wear makeup very often. This is due to laziness and my dislike of the cosmetic industry that becomes rich off of our insecurities. Also, I was raised by a jaded ex-model and hippie.
7. My favorite songwriter/ musical artist is Hawksley Workman. His lyrics stray into the profane at times but he writes with great emotional depth.
8. I believe that a grilled cheese sandwich is the best thing to eat for lunch on a Sunday.
9. Australia is the home of my heart.
10. I love stationery. I recommend visiting http://www.oblationpapers.com/